New User Information
Can’t see the rest of the forum? READ THIS THREAD.
YOU NO LONGER HAVE TO REGISTER TO SEE THE FULL FORUM.
First off, welcome to 8BitRat Consoles but now we need to get to the matter at hand. If the only thing you can see is “Read Before Posting” section under forums, your account still needs to be verified/activated. When you're finished registering for our site a confirmation email should've been sent to you, which you may have missed. Please, double check your junk/spam folder and ensure it didn’t get filtered there. If you don’t find it, you can easily resend the confirmation email by doing the following:
- Click the “Existing User? Sign In” link in the top right corner of the page.
- Login with your registration username/email and password.
- Click “Resend Confirmation Email” and another confirmation email will be sent to you.
- It can take a couple minutes for you to receive the email but once you do click "Validate my Email Address".
- From here you should be able to view, comment, post, and download to your hearts content.
If you don’t remember your registration username/email or password please contact us by email at 8BitRat@gmail.com or simply post below.
Sega GameGear: General Guides
Below you will find general guides for everything from disassembly to full restores.
- Disassembly: If you need to do any work on your GameGear more than likely you will need to start here and then work with the repair guides below to fix any issues that might arise.
- Cap Replacement: If your GameGear LCD Screen look washed out, dim, or lacking in contrast, if the sound is non-existent, or if it turns itself off randomly this repair guide could fix all of your issues.
- More coming soon...
(If you see anything incorrect or that you want added, feel free to comment below and the posting will be edited to reflect the corrections.)
Notepad++ 7.5.3 – Encrypt text files
This tutorial will show you how to use the NppCrypt plugin provided by Notepad++ to encrypt your documents so that you don't have to worry quite so much about your documents being read without your permission.
The instructions presented within this tutorial should not damage your install but should be followed in order, or you could loss data. This tutorial is based on the official 7.5.3 build of Notepad++.
INSTALL NOTEPAD++ AND NPPCRYPT PLUG-IN:
1. Download and Install the latest Notepad++ build.
- Official build 7.5.3 can be found HERE.
From here forward there are two options. The first can be used if the “Plugins Manager” is displayed under “Plugins > Plugin Manager > Show Plugin Manager” from the main menu of Notepad++. The second must be used if the option is not present. (During this install I had to use the second option.
NPPCRYPT INSTALL OPTION 1:
1. Open Notepad++.
2. Launch the plugin manager by going to Plugins > Plugin Manager > Show Plugin Manager.
3. Select NPPCrypt from the list and click Install.
4. Allow Notepad++ to restart after the installation finished.
NPPCRYPT INSTALL OPTION 2:
- From the GitHub site, you will need the main file (Select the Clone or Download link) and the dll file found lower on the page under “22.214.171.124 from github:”.
- For the split version from github, extract the “nppcrypt-cryptopp” folder to C:\Program Files\Notepad++\plugins\Config and the nppcrypt.dll file to C:\Program Files\Notepad++\plugins.
- For the pre-merged version from our site, extract the “plugins” folder to C:\Program Files\Notepad++.
2. Open Notepad++ and verify that NppCrypt is present under Plugins > NppCrypt.
1. Highlight the text you want encrypted then go to Plugins > NppCrypt > Encrypt.
2. Select the cipher and mode you want to use, input a password, then confirm the password.
1. Highlight the text you want decrypted then go to Plugins > NppCrypt > Dencrypt.
2. Input your password and everything will go back to normal.
To view the official Notepad++ site click HERE.
To view the complete official Notepad++ plugin list click HERE.
Below are some of the recipes I have made or come across. If you have any to add feel free to post them below and I will add them to this list as I get a chance to make them.
- 2-Pound = Chicken
- 2-Tablespoon = Olive Oil
- ½-Cup = Onion (Diced) ~ 1-Tablespoon = Minced Onion
- 1-Cup = Sweet Green Pepper (Diced)
- ½-Cup = Water
- 4-Tablespoon = Dry Red Wine
- 2-Teaspoon = Garlic Powder
- 1-Teaspoon = Salt
- 2-Tablespoon = White Vinegar
- ½-Teaspoon = Black Pepper
- 2-Teaspoon = Cayenne Pepper (Add to Taste)
- 4-Tablespoon = Tomato Sauce
- 2-Teaspoon = Italian Seasoning
- Cook chicken in olive oil until brown. (If using a pressure cooker, cook with both olive oil and an extra ½ cup water… It should take about 30 minutes if the chicken is frozen)
- Add onions and cook until they are clear. (If using minced onions, add them when you add the chicken)
- Add remaining ingredient in order, cover, and simmer 30 minutes. (If using a pressure cooker, simmer 15 minutes.)
- Remove lid and allow ½ of the sauce to evaporate.
The REAL, ORIGINAL, Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 2 1/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup (2 Sticks, 1/2 Pound) Butter, Softened
- 3/4 Cup Granulated [White] Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups (12-Ounce Package) Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 Cup Chopped Nuts (Optional)
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large mixer bowl. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition; gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated 375-degree [Fahrenheit] oven for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Pan cookie variation: PREPARE dough as above. Spread into greased 15" x 10" jelly-roll pan. Bake in preheated 375-degree [Fahrenheit] oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- 3 Cups Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Shortening
- 2 Cups Sourdough Starter
- Preheat oven to 425. Lightly grease cake pan or other pan with sides. (NO PAM)
- Sift together 3 cups flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 tablespoon baking powder and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Cut in 1 cup shortening then stir in with a fork 2 cups sourdough starter.
- Toss on floured surface until it’s not sticky.
- Knead lightly then roll to 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut and place on pan.
- Cover and let rise in warm draft free location for 15 minutes.
- Cook 10 to 15 minutes until lightly browned. Watch closely as they will burn easily.
Full Recipe Ingredients:
- 12 Quart Pan
- 6 Quarts Water
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 3 Cups Celery
- 6 Cups Okra
- 2 Onion
- 2 Garlic Clove
- 2 Cup Shrimp
- 2 Cup Sausage
- 3 Cups Crawfish Tails
- 30 Oz Tomatoes
- 30 Oz Tomato Sauce
- 2 Tablespoon Salt
- Tabasco (To Taste)
- 4 Teaspoons File’
Half Recipe Ingredients:
- 6 Quart Pan
- 3 Quarts Water
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 ½ to 2 Cups Celery
- 3 To 3 ½ Cups Okra
- 1 Onion
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Cup Shrimp
- 1 To 1 ½ Cup Sausage
- 1 To 2 Cups Crawfish Tails
- 1 15 Oz Each Tomatoes and Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- Tabasco to Taste
- 2 Teaspoons File’
Quarter Recipe Ingredients:
- 4 Quart Pan
- 6 Cups Water
- Chicken Breast or Omit 3 Cups Water and Add 2 Cans Chicken Broth.
- 1 Cup Celery
- 2 Cups Okra
- Small Onion or A Tablespoon Onion Flakes
- ¼ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 10 To 15 Shrimp - Size Matters
- ½ to 1 Cup Sausage
- 1 Cup Tails
- Salt and Tabasco to Taste
- 1 Teaspoon File’
- In a 10-quart pan bring 6 quarts of water to a boil then add 4 chicken breasts skin on bone in. Boil until done should take about 30-40 minutes. Turn off heat and remove chicken from the stock and put it into a strainer that been placed in a bowl. When it’s cool - skin it, bone it and chop it up in bite size pieces.
- Add to the stock 3 cups chopped celery, 6 cups sliced okra, 1 large onion chopped, 2 crushed and chopped garlic cloves, 2 cups uncooked large shrimp shelled \ de-veined, 3 cups smoked sausage, 2 cups craw-fish tails cooked-shelled, 1 can 29 oz. tomato sauce, 1 can 29 oz. chopped tomatoes, 1 can tomato paste, 2 tablespoons sea salt for starters, ¼ teaspoon cayenne (optional), 1 teaspoon Tabasco (not optional) and the chicken. Bring to a slow boil then cut heat to low until shrimp is done. Turn off heat stir in 4 teaspoons file’ powder. Absolutely no cooking after file’ is added. Make a big batch of rice to go with it and eat.
NOTE: All ingredients are estimates use what you got. Experiment! If you like shrimp, then put more in and the same goes for sausage and crawfish tails. Use polish sausage, oysters, crab-meat whatever floats your boat but don’t vary much on the vegetables - more okra is better.
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1.5 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Shortening
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar (Can Mix 2 Cups White Sugar + ½ Cup Molasses’s as A Substitute)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Cups Oats
- 2 Cups Coconut
- 1 To 2 Cups Raisins
- Preheat oven to 350
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and set aside.
- Cream shortening and sugar (white and brown).
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add vanilla and flour.
- Slowly mix in oats, coconut, raisins until well mixed.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet in golf ball sized balls
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until light brown.
- 12 Tbs. Butter
- 6 Tbs. Flour
- 1 Small Chopped Onion
- 8 Chopped Green Onions
- 2-3 Chopped Bell Peppers
- 4-5 Chopped Celery
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2-3 Lbs. Prepared Shrimp
- 2-3 Lbs. Crawfish
- ½ Cup Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Tobacco to Taste
- 1-2 Tsp Sea Salt to Taste
- Black Pepper to Taste
- 1 Tbs. Créole Seasoning (If Possible)
- 1 Tsp. Paprika
- ½ Tsp. Cayenne Pepper to Taste)
- ½ Chili Powder
- 3 Cups Cooked Rice
- In a large skillet, melt butter over med heat, add the flour and stir until golden brown. Add the vegetables and cook until they are tender, then add the broth, parsley, seafood, seasoning. Simmer on low heat for 30-45 minutes. If mixture seems to thin, thicken with corn starch. Serve over hot rice.
Chicken Cordon Bleu (with White Sauce)
- 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- 4-8 Slices of Swiss Cheese
- 4-8 Thin Slices of Ham
- 2 Cups Bread Crumbs
- ½ Cup Flour
- 2 Tsp. Salt
- ½ Tsp. Pepper
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- Approx. ¼ Cup Oil
White Sauce Ingredients:
- 4 Tbs. Butter
- 4 Rounded Tbs. Flour
- 1 3/4 Cups Milk
- 1/8 Cup Cream
- 1/8 Cup White Wine (Optional)
- ½ Tsp. Salt
- Stir bread crumbs, flour, salt and pepper together. Next pound chicken with a mallet as flat as can be. Place enough swiss cheese and ham over flattened chicken, roll the chicken up as tight as possible and secure with toothpicks. Roll in eggs and bread crumb mixture. Then heat oil in large frying pan on med-high heat. Cook about 10 mins and then turn with tongs and cook another 10 mins until golden brown and no longer pink inside. Drain on paper towel and allow to cool enough to remove toothpicks.
White Sauce Directions:
- Melt butter in sauce pan, mix flour, salt, wine and let it bubble slightly, and then slowly add milk. After sauce has thickened, turn off the heat and add cream. Let cool slightly before topping the chicken.
- Serve with garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus & or sugar snap peas.
- 1 Box Thin Spaghetti or Angel Hair Pasta
- 2 Large Cans of Tomato Sauce Or 1 Large Sauce And 1 Large Puree` Tomatoes
- 2 Medium Cans Diced Tomatoes Or 4-6 Fresh Roma Tomatoes Diced
- 2-3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Small or Med Onion
- Olive Oil
- 1 Lbs. Hamburger or Italian Sausage
- 1 Med Or 2 Small Cans Mushrooms Or 1 Package Fresh Sliced Mushrooms (Portabella If You Can Find It)
- Salt 1-2 Tsp.
- 1-2 Tsp. Oregano
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1-2 Tsp. Basil
- 1-2 Tsp. Parsley
- ¼ Cup Red Wine (Optional)
- Coat a large sauce pan with olive oil. Dice onion and garlic and brown in pan under med heat. Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce wine, and all the spices. Simmer under low heat for no longer than 2 hours. While sauce is cooking, cook the meat in a separate pan, drain and add to sauce. Then add mushrooms. Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Serve with a salad and garlic bread, top with Parmesan and or Romano cheese.
(Once again, feel free to post any recipes you love below and I'll add them to my list above as I get to try them.)